Grace McDonald & Her Practice
As a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist and Clinical Counsellor in White Rock, British Columbia, I want to support families, couples, and individuals in my South Surrey community. I am passionate about helping people to more positively perceive themselves, their lives, and their relationships. In particular, I provide support and tools in dealing with mood, anxiety, communication, and conflict management.
I am a Certified Imago Advanced Clinician, so I mainly use Imago Relationship Therapy theory and tools, and focus on how people show up in relationship. I also draw from Sensorimotor Psychotherapy, which believes in the mind-body connection, and help people in their ability to track the body’s entire experience moment to moment while staying regulated. My approach to therapy focuses on increasing self-awareness, self-worth and acceptance, enhancing feelings of control and empowerment, and encouraging greater intentionality in the growth of your relationships with self and others. I believe that everyone knows what they need, it’s a matter of listening to yourself, and I coach people to come up with their own solutions. Therapy is used for couples and individuals to practice their desired outcomes, so people feel confident to use their newly learned ways of being in the world.
I help people to:
- Experience healthy, loving, and beneficial relationships
- Enhance connection, safety, and empathy in relationships
- Develop tools to effectively manage conflict and communicate
- Communicate so that your partner wants to keep listening
- Listen so that your partner wants to keep talking
- Mindfully track your present moment experience, emotions, and impact
- Manage yourself, self-regulate and feel a sense of control
- Build your sense of self-worth, confidence, and empowerment
- Identify and meet your own needs
- Grace is a Certified Imago Advanced Clinician. Her Imago training includes helping people with regulating their reactivity, communication, affairs, self-growth, connection & differentiation, and parenting
- Grace has completed Level 1 Training of Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
- Graduated from the Marriage & Family Therapy Master’s program at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles
- Completed Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Psychology at the University of California, Santa Cruz
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT)
- AAMFT Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist and serves on the board of the BC Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
Remember – I offer a complimentary consultation, in person or over the phone, to help you decide whether or not I’m the right fit for your needs and answer any prelimary questions you might have. I look forward to your call!