Unsure if therapy can benefit you?
Grace McDonald provides counselling to all communities in Greater Vancouver including Surrey, White Rock, Burnaby, Richmond, New Westminster, Delta, Coquitlam, Langley, Abbotsford, Mission, and Maple Ridge. Contact Grace for a complimentary 15 minute phone consultation to ensure a good fit to your needs. It’s completely confidential and risk-free.Let’s Talk
THERAPY SERVICES OFFERED in WHITE ROCK:
Imago Relationship Couples Therapy: Getting The Love You Want – communication, connection, & conflict management
Parenting Counselling: Connected Parents, Thriving Kids
Individual Counselling: Characterological Growth & Sensorimotor Psychotherapy
Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Repeatedly experiencing the same problems and wanting to change, so that you can enjoy your life?
- Difficulty with staying present and feeling in control of your emotions?
- Relationship challenges, such as ongoing conflict, communication issues, and/or loss of intimacy and connection?
- Challenges dealing with a major life event or change, such as illness, death of a loved one, divorce, or even seemingly positive ones such as marriage, a new job or a new baby?
- Conflict with your children, discipline issues, or a lack of confidence in your abilities as a parent?
- A desire for greater self-awareness and self-acceptance?
- A longing for the courage and confidence to be your authentic self in the world?
Grace McDonald Counselling is located in White Rock, BC. With warmth and compassion, I provide feedback, practical solutions, and support towards positive change. I provide you with the tools you need to connect more deeply with yourself and your loved ones. We work together to clarify needs, identify barriers and take concrete action towards building the life you want.
John Gottman’s “Four Horseman of the Apocalypse”
Are you experiencing any of the following in your relationship?
- Criticism: negativity about your partner’s character
- Contempt: sarcasm, cynicism, name-calling, eye-rolling, & mockery
- Defensiveness: blaming & attacking your partner
- Stonewalling: tuning out, disengaging from, & avoiding your partner
After studying marriages for 16 years, relationship expert John Gottman identified that the above four communication habits in a relationship predict future divorce with amazing accuracy. If you are experiencing even one of these on a regular basis in your relationship, therapy would be beneficial to prevent the pain and stress that come with letting it go unchecked.
Harvelle Hendrix’s Imago recipe for an everlasting relationship – Be KIND
Practice these four skills to develop strength, connection and lasting love in your relationship:
Know that your partner is not you! Accept & embrace the differences. Be an advocate for your partner’s separate reality and potential
Increase your appreciation of your partner! Tell your partner, daily, what you appreciate about him/her.
No negativity! Make your relationship a sacred space by removing all negativity.
Dialogue always! Practice the Imago dialogue until it becomes second nature.
…What People are Saying
“Grace has helped us come to a deeper understanding of ourselves through a process where we are integral to each others progress.”
“The Imago method has been a powerful in helping us grow together as individuals and most importantly as a couple.”