Grace McDonald & Her Practice
As a Registered Marriage & Family Therapist and Clinical Counsellor I am passionate about helping people to more positively perceive themselves, their lives, and their relationships. In particular, I provide support and tools in dealing with mood, anxiety, communication, and conflict management.
I draw from several theories, tools, but I mainly use Imago relationship therapy, cognitive therapy, and mindfulness techniques. My approach to therapy focuses on increasing self-awareness, self-worth and acceptance, enhancing feelings of control and empowerment, and encouraging greater intentionality in the growth of your relationships with self and others. I believe that therapy is collaborative and ends when you feel you no longer need to come, and we discuss and decide this together.
I help people to:
- Experience healthy, beneficial relationships at home and work;
- Develop coping skills to more confidently handle stress;
- Alleviate thoughts and factors that contribute to depression;
- Enhance connection and trust with your partner;
- Develop more effective and fulfilling communication with others;
- Improve self-awareness, self-esteem, self-worth, and self-acceptance; and
- Improve understanding of needs and their ability to get them met.
- Grace is a Certified Imago Advanced Clinician. Her Imago training includes helping people with regulating their reactivity, communication, affairs, self-growth, connection & differentiation.
- Graduated from the Marriage & Family Thearpy Master’s program at the University of Southern California in Los Angeles
- Completed Bachelor’s of Arts degree in Psychology at the University of California, Santa Cruz
- Registered Marriage & Family Therapist (RMFT)
- AAMFT Licensed Marriage and Family Therapist
- Registered Clinical Counsellor (RCC)
- AAMFT Licensed Marriage & Family Therapist
- Serves on the board of the BCAMFT (BC Association of Marriage and Family Therapy
- Grace will become a certified Imago Therapist in 2013. Her Imago training includes working with couples & individuals, regulating reactivity, affairs, characterological growth, & balancing connection & differentiation.
Remember – I offer a complimentary consultation, in person or over the phone, to help you decide whether or not I’m the right fit for your needs and answer any prelimary questions you might have. I look forward to your call!