Unsure if therapy can benefit you?
Come in for a complimentary 15-20 minute session to make sure we fit your needs. It’s completely confidential and risk-free. Let’s Talk
Imago Relationship Therapy
Connected Parents, Thriving Kids
Are you experiencing any of the following:
- Mood imbalances (stress, anxiety or depression)?
- Relationship challenges (ongoing conflict, communication issues, lack of intimacy and connection, or simply the loss of connection and fun you once had)?
- Challenges dealing with a major life event (illness, death of a loved one, divorce, or even seemingly positive ones such as marriage, a new job or a baby)?
- Conflict with your children, discipline issues, or a lack of confidence in your abilities as a parent?
- A desire for greater self-awareness and self-acceptance?
- A longing for the courage and confidence to be your authentic self in the world?
We can help. With warmth and compassion we provide feedback, practical solutions, and support towards positive change. We provide you with the support and tools you need to connect more deeply with yourself and your loved ones, clarify needs, identify barriers and take concrete action towards building the life you desire.
John Gottman’s “Four Horseman of the Apocalypse”
Are you experiencing any of the following in your relationship?
- Criticism: negativity about your partner’s character
- Contempt: sarcasm, cynicism, name-calling, eye-rolling, & mockery
- Defensiveness: blaming & attacking your partner
- Stonewalling: tuning out, disengaging from, & avoiding your partner
After studying marriages for 16 years, relationship expert John Gottman identified that the above four communication habits in a relationship predict future divorce with amazing accuracy. If you are experiencing even one of these on a regular basis in your relationship, therapy would be beneficial to prevent the pain and stress that come with letting it go unchecked.
Harvelle Hendrix’s Imago recipe for an everlasting relationship – Be KIND
Practice these four skills to develop strength, connection and lasting love in your relationship:
Know that your partner is not you! Accept & embrace the differences. Be an advocate for your partner’s separate reality and potential
Increase your appreciation of your partner! Tell your partner, daily, what you appreciate about him/her.
No negativity! Make your relationship a sacred space by removing all negativity.
Dialogue always! Practice the Imago dialogue until it becomes second nature.
…What People are Saying
“Grace has helped us come to a deeper understanding of ourselves through a process where we are integral to each others progress.”
“The Imago method has been a powerful in helping us grow together as individuals and most importantly as a couple.”